Growing up, my family always ate salad–I’m talking about with EVERY. SINGLE. MEAL. You’d think that over the years I would have become burnt out on salad, but I still love it and make it multiple times throughout the week as a side. Now, I’m definitely a meat and potatoes kind of girl, but sometimes, you come across a recipe for a big, hearty salad and discover that a salad can definitely be a main entrée. This chimichurri flank steak salad (adapted from my super talented sister-in-law over at chuckandwelly.com) is one of those salads packed with so much flavor and goodness, you won’t even realize you’re eating a salad! I mean, it’s STEAK. You can’t go wrong there! If you’re looking for an amazing entrée salad, this one is always a hit!
- 1 flank steak (about 1-1 .5 lbs)
- 1/2 a bottle of Chimichurri sauce
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and cut
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 10 stalks asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 ears corn
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra Olive Oil for grilling
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- Marinade flank steak in the chimichurri sauce for at least an hour.
- Mix cut asparagus with 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt & pepper. Wrap in tin foil and place on the grill for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Brush corn with olive oil and grill for approximately 10-15 minutes, rotating frequently. Remove the corn from cob.
- Grill the steak for about 5 minutes on each side. Let rest on a plate covered in foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, green onion, cheese, asparagus, and corn.
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lime juice. Toss with salad.
- Add slices of the flank steak and the fritos on top.