I know that sometimes when recipes have the word “skinny” in the title, people can be quick to make assumptions. Most of the time, you just can’t make a super unhealthy dish healthier and still have the same amazing taste. Well, that is not the case with this chicken recipe!
When I first started Weight Watchers, I vowed to find recipes that still made me excited about food. I scoured pinterest and am sooo happy I found this recipe from Slender Kitchen. I made some modifications (like adding a little bit more cream cheese and changing the serving to 2, instead of 4, because my husband and I kept finishing off the recipe in one sitting haha and the amount of points is still totally reasonable for the yummy dinner). This quickly became my favorite recipe, especially served with lots of steamed broccoli (0 points!) and Alexia’s spicy sweet potato fries.
There are so many recipes I can think of that taste WAY better than they look, and this is definitely one of them! I had a really hard time taking a photo that did this recipe justice, and for that, I truly apologize haha. I hope you try it, despite its appearance, and love it as much as I do!
WW Smartpoints: 10
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup jalapenos, seeded and diced (or use them already sliced from the jar like I did)
3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
Half a bunch of green onions (about 4 tbsp), chopped
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the chicken in a casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes (or until juices run clear).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the diced jalapenos, cream cheese, green onion, and shredded cheese.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove from the oven and spread the cream cheese mixture over the chicken. Put back in the oven and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes (or until cheese is melted).